Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cookie Advocate

Tonight Emma was dilly-dallying while eating dinner. I really just wanted her to finish up and told her that if she finished before Daddy got home she would get a special treat. She skeptically looked at me and asked, "What kind of special treat?" I have no doubt that if I answered the incorrect item, that dinner would not have been finished. Since I had nothing specific in mind, I told her that she had to finish in order to find out. This seemed to work for a few minutes, until Kurt walked in the door. Since it was about 3 minutes after I gave her the first incentive, I didn't think it was quite fair that she didn't finish yet and told her again if she just finished she would get a treat. Kurt remembered some cookies that we had stashed away and showed them to her. As you can imagine, she quickly finished her dinner. I told Emma that Daddy was her cookie-advocate. Before bed, Kurt asked Emma who her cookie-advocate was, she promptly replied, "Daddy!" with a big smile.

Although I've known it for a while now, we are definitely in for some trouble since our 2 1/3 year old apparently has rudimentary reasoning skills. :)

No comments: