Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Caretaker

Over the weekend, Emma was sitting on the carpet in front of the sink eating a banana when I (carrie) groaned a bit on my way down to the floor to sit next to her. She looked at me with a very concerned look in her eye and asked if my back hurt. I said, yes a bit. Then she asked if my belly hurt and I assured her that my belly was fine and it was just my back. She thought for a quick minute and said, "Ok Mama, when I finish my 'nana, I'll rub your back." It made my heart melt and I quickly forgot several frustrating situations with her that had happened earlier in the day.

1 comment:

Janet Marx said...

Reminds me of one of my favorite Adam stories. When I was pregnant with Jordan, I guess I must have been quite emotional, as one day Adam ran and got me a tissue. I asked him why and his reply, "I thought you were getting upset."