Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 21, 2009

What ? No question mark, forward slash, or up arrow keys?

In case anyone wondered, baby spit up is not good for laptop keyboards.

On September 4th, I was doing some day trip research on my laptop which was sitting on the kitchen table. I also happened to be holding Emma. She got fussy and I stood up to bounce her a bit which normally settles her down quickly. When I thought she was calm again, I started to sit down to continue my research. About half way into my seat, Emma spits up...all over the laptop keyboard.

Ok, I exaggerate...not ALL over...just around the K, L, :, ", <, >, and ? keys. Luckily, I was able to get most of it up quickly and my Mom used her fingernails and q-tips to get even more out from under the keys. Unfortunately, even with our heroic efforts, the ? and up arrow keys are still out of commission. As a result, I now have a flat file with ? and / in it so that I can copy and paste into emails, blogs, etc. Instant messaging, however, doesn't get either (which is a pain because I abbreviate without, because, and with pretty frequently) because it takes too long to copy and paste.

All in all, I feel pretty lucky that more keys weren't harmed in the whole episode!

No comments: