Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our Little Monkey

Emma is becoming quite the climber. She loves climbing up onto her little bench, sitting in chairs, and trying to get onto the couch. She can skedadle up the steps in no time flat. At the playground, she will specifically choose the hardest way to get up onto the platform that leads to the slide so that she has to climb up instead of walk up. We'll suggest the smaller steps and she looks at us like "I'm no baby, I can get up this way!" On Sunday, she decided to jump down from one small landing to the ground while holding onto a railing...she hung on for a split second, but I could see a look in her eye that said, hmm hanging might be fun! She also has a lot of fun with Daddy who taught her how to walk UP the slide after she slides down it. She has also taken to holding my hands and trying to "walk" up my legs to get me to pick her up.

Although she has recently started trying to get out of her high chair when she's finished eating, so far there are no indications that she wants to try climbing out of her crib; although I really wouldn't be too surprised if she did just walk into our bedroom some night.

No comments: