Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bigger by the second!

Every day for the last week, Kurt and I have remarked how big Emma is getting and how much she has developed. Within the last few days, she seems to be a happier kid. She wakes up happy, she comes home from daycare happy, she happily goes up to get her bath and read books (we're still working on being happy to go to sleep though). She will just run up to us, say HI! and give us the biggest hug ever. It is adorable and melts our hearts!

Her grasp on language is getting stronger and stronger. She's had a pretty big vocabulary for quite a while and it continues to grow daily. Her enunciation is getting better and better and it's getting easier to understand her. (which probably is one reason that she's been happier...she gets her point across quicker). She continues to work on sentences and speaking in multi-word phrases. Yesterday, one of her teachers told me that Emma went to a window looked outside, pointed up and said, "I see the moon." very distinctly and out of the blue. This evening, I was getting a plate ready for her dinner and I asked if she wanted potatoes. Emma responded, "I want mac & cheese." Luckily we had some left over in the refrigerator!

She sometimes gets stuck when she tries to put two words together. After bed time, we were reading a book and she pointed to the moon. I asked her if the moon comes out during the day or at night. She tried so very hard to say "at night." It sounded like 'aabby' and I repeated what she said and asked if it was correct. She said no and really tried to enunciate the word at. It was really cute to see her working so hard and so intently trying to get the right sounds out.

This is all very exciting to us and I'm sure before we know it, she'll be talking our ears off (she is Kurt's daughter after all! ;) ...but as my Mom has told me time and time again, "You can't wait for them to walk and talk and when they do you just tell them to sit down and be quiet!"

1 comment:

Rachel said...

hahaha awww...now if we can just get her to talk more during Skype chats!