Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 18, 2011

"I have a boo boo"

About 20 minutes after Kurt dropped Emma off at daycare today, I got a phone call at work from daycare informing me that Emma was completely fine, but she had been bit. This is the first time she's been bit at daycare. They told me that it didn't break the skin and that Emma didn't even cry. While I was on the phone, Emma was proudly showing off the bandaid with butterfly stickers to all her friends. When I picked her up today, the first thing she said to me was, "Mommy, I boo boo." When I looked at her arm, her wrist was all blotchy and she had a cut on her forearm. The teachers were busy tending to other kids and the class pet fish at the time, and I asked Emma if she had been chewing on her wrist, which she's been known to do when she is exhausted. She said she wasn't. Her teacher then explained to me that she had been bit again today. *awesome* I guess the first situation, Emma and another Child were playing in a kitchen area and the other child decided they wanted the pretend food Emma had and bit her. The second situation was a little less clear, but I'm relatively sure that Emma tried to take a toy from another kid and he or she bit in defense. As we on the way to the car, the daycare director said what a trooper Emma was today and suggested that we might want to get a less delicious brand of soap for her. :)

When we got home, while she was snacking before dinner, she pointed to her arm and said matter-of-factly, "I got bit. I have a boo boo." Later, when Kurt called, she told him, "I have a boo boo." I tried to get her to tell Grammy tonight...but she wasn't into talking on the phone too much and just ended up mumbling it instead.

No comments: