Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Cake!

As a followup to my Disaster Cake post, I am very happy to announce that Emma's actual cake turned out amazing, *ahem*, if I do say so myself. Luckily, I had all the icing made and started icing and then decorating the cake around 8:30 after Emma went to bed and finished at 10:50 (cleanup took until about 11:30 :( ). Kurt was wonderful moral support and helped me with a few spatial relations issues as well as Dora's hands which were a bit tricky. I was pretty impressed with myself and think that the cake did resemble Dora (albeit Dora wearing eyeliner) pretty well.


See for yourself!



Also, I was pretty proud of myself for making Backpack Party favors. I did see the idea online, but created them myself. 

No comments: