Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

More Firsts!

Mia had more firsts today (28 weeks and 1 day, ~6.5 months)!
28 weeks and 1 day (we forgot yesterday was Tuesday!)

When Kurt went to get Mia out of her car seat this evening, she lifted both arms up to him. I thought she had been starting to lift her arms when I went to pick her up over the last few days, but this was the first time that she decidedly did it. Too cute!

At dinner tonight, we discovered that her first tooth popped through. The bottom one on her right side. We thought she was teething for quite a while and I felt around in her mouth this morning, but didn't feel anything, so at some point today it came through. She's growing up! I think I'm going to make it my mission to take as many pictures of her gummy smile over the next few days as I can...gummy smiles are my favorite!

The happy girl actually poses for pictures. She will stop what she's doing, look at the camera, and smile!
Tonight in the bath tub, Mia leaned forward, grabbed the edge of the tub and pulled herself to standing. While she's been pulling herself to standing holding on to our hands, this is the first time she did it all by herself. She did it so that she could reach out and touch the octopus faucet cover. She was incredibly proud of herself!

Look at her go! Such a big girl!

It's exciting that Mia is doing so much, but I admit that I teared up a bit tonight when we discovered her tooth. She's getting so big so fast! She's barely a baby anymore! She is a happy girl though and we are so blessed!

No comments: