Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Where is Emma?

One day after work about a week ago, I was trying to cook dinner and Emma was walking around the kitchen playing in drawers and generally staying occupied. She wandered into the living room and I didn't think anything of it. Until she didn't come back to the kitchen for two minutes. (Two minutes is a very long time for this girl to be away from her Mommy...especially if no one else is home) I peeked into the living room to see what she was playing with and was shocked that she wasn't there. I immediately started calling her name, looking behind the couches, in the bathroom (whose door was shut tight) and got scared when I couldn't find her. I flew downstairs thinking I would find her trying to turn the xbox on but she wasn't there either. At this point I was frantic and was yelling her name...and of course she wasn't answering. I ran back upstairs, glanced at the front door and was relieved that it was locked (we don't think she can reach the door knob yet, but one day she will!), and ran upstairs to find her sitting playing with a barn toy we have in our bedroom. I said "Emma, THERE you are!" and she just smiled up at me with the sweetest most innocent smile and offered me a toy. *sigh*

No comments: