Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Teddy Bear

Emma chooses who gets to read her books and put her to bed each night. Usually she chooses Kurt. Tonight she chose me.

When Kurt puts her down, Emma is all business and he comes down to the living room in about 3.5 minutes flat after reading her a book and giving her a couple cuddles. When I put her down, it's a different story, Emma drags out the process for 15-30 minutes. Some nights it is frustrating, but lately, I keep in mind that she's only little once and that I need to treasure the nights she chooses me.

Tonight, I read her books and she pointed to her crib. I put her in and she did not want to lay down. I picked her up and she pointed to her changing table. I thought that maybe she wanted to sleep there since it's similar to her daycare cot. (I would have until she fell asleep and then transferred her to her crib) She wanted to be picked up again and then wanted to read more books. We sat down, read, cuddled. She indicated she wanted to go back to her crib. She scooted over to her new Teddybear that our friend Erin brought her last week and came back to me with it. We sat back down. She hugged and hugged her bear. Then she got a bottle and fed the bear. We cuddled some more. We read some more. We went back to the crib and she played with her music box. She also had a little dance party before she wanted me to pick her up again. We cuddled some more. We went back to the crib. She picked up her teddy bear, her two lovies, and her blanket and gave them to me and then wanted me to pick her up. I asked what I should do then. She said "Sit." So we sat. She got comfy...the lovies went on the floor as did Teddy Bear. She tried to put her blanket over her so I helped then she wanted her bear back. She snuggled her bear and cuddled into me. It was so cute. Finally, she relaxed enough to go to sleep and I was able to lay her down. Sweet girl!

She has several stuffed animals and lovies. She really hasn't taken to any of them. She'll play with them briefly, but she hasn't "needed" to have one in her arms for any extended period of time. Last week, after Erin left and it was time for bed, Emma took Teddy Bear upstairs with her. I just put it in the corner of her crib, and I think it's been in the same spot since. I thought it was really cute that it was just what she wanted tonight to help her settle down. Thanks Erin!!

2 comments:

Erin Elizabeth said...

Aww!!! You're so very welcome!!! Such a cutie!!! Pictures... :)

Rachel said...

hoooly cow i had some catching up to do! you have been a busy blogger--I missed most of August! Thanks Carrie for keeping up with it, we love reading about Emma.