Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Time

This morning, I was holding Emma in the kitchen so she could point out what she wanted for a snack. She pointed at the clock on the microwave. I showed her that the hour said 8 and told her that I was going to put a clock in her room and that she wasn't supposed to wake up before 8. I asked if that was ok. She shook her head no and said very clearly "Six!" Kurt and I just looked at each other and started laughing hysterically which made Emma very proud of herself and caused her to join in as well.

There have been a few times that Emma has said something that sounds exactly like what the response to a statement or question should be. But she's only 14 months old, so that's completely not possible She decidedly does not know that 6 am comes before 8 am....she won't even sit still long enough for me to point out what the numbers 1, 2, and 3 are let alone 6, 7, and 8!

At any rate, I can pretty much guarantee that she won't be sleeping in any time soon!

No comments: