Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Birthday To Carrie!

I had a fantastic birthday weekend!

On Friday, Rachel came down after work. Emma, who had been talking about Rachel all week long barely said a word to her for at least an hour after Rachel arrived. Emma finally warmed up to her and had a lot of fun playing with her. Originally Kurt and I were going to go out for a late dinner, but I was too tired and hungry and we ordered in Chiplote. Yummy! After Rachel put Emma to bed, we watched (well I slept through half) The Good Guys.

I was able to have a nice slow morning on Saturday before meeting Melanie and Katie for lunch at Ledos. It was wonderful to catch up with them and of course they spoiled me with gifts and cake. After lunch, Kurt had scheduled an appointment for me to have a steam bath followed by an hour long massage. It was amazingly relaxing! When I got home, we immediately packed up Emma and headed to Claire's 1st birthday party (see previous post). After the party, we let Rachel and her Shari put Emma to bed, and Kurt and I headed to the movies to see No Strings Attached, a super cute and funny romantic comedy. (I think this is the second movie we've seen together in a theater since Emma was born)

On Sunday, Emma was very considerate and slept in until about 7. After Rachel left to meet friends and go to church and Kurt headed out to play Magic, Emma and I had fun playing with a Strawberry Shortcake movie playing in the background. Shortly after lunch time, Kurt's parents arrived and Emma had a ton of fun showing them her kitchen and all her food. Grandma got Emma to nap and I was able to lay down myself for a while. After chicken divan for dinner, my birthday weekend was finished off with chocolate peanut butter cake.

It was a pretty fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yay!! It was so nice to visit! :) Love you!