Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 11, 2012

Babies in Bloom

As I got the girls in the car this morning to take Emma to daycare, a thought flashed through my mind that I had something to do this morning. I couldn't find my calendar in the diaper bag, and of course I didn't want to take them both back inside, so I figured it could wait until I got home. Luckily, my friend Emily texted me that this morning was Babies in Bloom at the library. Timing worked out perfectly that Mia and I were able to meet Emily and Effie for Mia's first story time!

Mia enjoyed looking around at the other kids and had some fun with the sing songy nursery rhymes with movement accompaniments that we did. She did start to get a bit fussy and I had to walk around with her, but she was probably over stimulated and hungry at the time. At any rate, it was fun for Mommy too!

And I told Mia, this was 1 thing that Emma hasn't done...yay, point for the little one! :)

From the library website:
Babies in Bloom
It’s never too early to come to the library!
Parents and caregivers are invited to bring their babies (up to two years) for a fun-filled half-hour of stories, songs, rhymes and fingerplays all specifically designed to stimulate early infant development.

No comments: