Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 29, 2011

Princess!

Even Emma got excited about the Royal Wedding today! I do admit that I might* have had something to do with her excitement.

After I went through my normal morning routine, I turned the television on and was excited to see that I was tuning in right as William and Kate were starting to say their vows. A few minutes later, Emma woke up and as we walked downstairs, I asked if she wanted to see a princess. (I do know that Kate isn't a Princess, but a Duchess, however, I thought the semantics might be lost on my 23 month old.) She said she did. By this point, the ceremony was going on and cameras were panning around the cathedral, and not just focused on the bride and groom. Eventually, the camera did pan back to them and I pointed out Kate and said she was a princess. I could see the wheels turning as she tried to figure out why this princess did not look like Snow White, Cinderella, or Ariel. :) After she accepted that she was infact a princess, every time the camera panned away from the couple, Emma would ask, "Where's the princess?" complete with upturned hands. This evening, Kurt was using his laptop and Emma climbed up to sit beside him and demanded to see pictures of the princess before her bath.

I think that I've officially made my toddler a girl by introducing her to princesses!

No comments: