Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 28, 2009

Touching

Emma is getting more control over her hands and loves touching us. In fact, sometimes, when she's upset, she'll reach out and stroke our hand or arm for comfort. The other night, I laid down in bed with her and she reached out to touch my face. When she grabbed at my lips, I took her hand and kissed her palm. Then I put my finger to her lips and asked if she could give me kisses. She stuck out her tongue to "kiss" my finger! I told her that that was more like puppy dog kisses, but that I would take them!

I know that she has no idea how to kiss and that it was purely reflexive that she wanted to taste what was put to her lips...but it was still adorable and melted my heart!

Emma also enjoys, or at least is trying to figure out, Kurt's beard. She reaches out to stroke it frequently. So far she hasn't grabbed it yet, much to Kurt's relief!

No comments: