Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Room at School

Emma is adjusting really well to the 2-year old room. One difference for the parents is that we no longer receive a daily summary of what she ate, when she was changed, and when she slept; however, the teachers are helping us adjust this week and are providing short write-ups for so we know how Emma is doing.

The note from Monday was: Emma had a great first day! She fully participated in all our activities (circle time, centers and free play). She also did well at lunchtime with self serving. She ate chicken and rice, greenbeans, peaches,and milk. She used nice manners and did very well sitting on the potty. She napped from 1250 - 230. She played very well with her new classmates and is adjusting to our class routine very well. Welcome to Exploration Station 1! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact Me (Ms. Torri) or Mrs. Adanna.

The note from Tuesday was: Emma had a fun-filled day!! She played in cardboard boxes. She ran and played with her new friends outside on the playground. She went potty all day and stayed dry. Emma ate her chicken noodle soup, carrots, and pineapples. She took a nap from 1230pm - 230pm.

Ms. Torri told me today that Emma and the boy who moved up with her, Max, are pretty much joined at the hip. In the morning, they were across the room from each other and yelled each others names back and forth several times. When she told me this, I imagined them calling to each other "Emma!" "Max!" "Emma!" "Max!" and running across the room in slow motion jumping over toys to get to each other to hug movie style. :)

As mentioned in the note, they said Emma only had 1 wet diaper today (maybe after nap time, I forget when). They also suggested pull-ups since Emma can get her pants down by herself but can't undo the diaper. While I am all for potty training, I am a little bummed that we just stocked up on diapers when they were on sale and now have literally 800 diapers in our basement.

When we were leaving daycare today. I helped Emma 'flip' her coat on over her head. I asked her if she was my big girl. She replied "No." I asked if she was my baby girl. She again replied "No." I asked what she was then. She said, "I'm Emma." squealed and ran to the door. Smart girl!

We're so proud of how well our little girl is doing!

3 comments:

Matt and Ashley said...

Sounds like a really smooth transition!! And how great would it be if Emma could be potty trained before 2?! Save the diapers for the next Campbell baby and look forward to a reprieve from diaper changes!

Rachel said...

Awwwwwww I love the "I'm Emma!" statement! haha! And your movie description of Emma and Max is great. I love it. That's funny---when I worked in a 2 year old room for a little at a daycare one summer before summer camp, they had me writing down the times of the diaper changes/potty times/etc.
YES save them for the next Campbell Baby!!! :)

Aubrey said...

That sounds great! It has got to be so nice knowing that your child is happy and well cared for while you're at work.

Ella potty trained right after I stocked up on diapers too. Kate has loads of size 4's waiting for her. :)

I love the big girl/little girl discussion. The other day Kate told me she was "littlish big." :)