Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Roach Motel Annual Reunion

This past weekend we went to Virginia to my college friend Kim's house. Each year my college roommates and I get together with our families in the summer. It started out as just the 5 of us in college, gradually doubled as we all got married and has increased greatly in the past 4 years as we've had children. This year there were 9 kids under the age of 4! Another good friend and her boyfriend joined us as well for a grand total of 12 adults and 9 kids (not 22 adults as I spouted off all week leading up to our get together ha!)

The kids all played really well together. Of course there were a couple breakdowns, but that's to be expected when the majority went without naps and played hard all day long! It was wonderful to get together and chat...it became even more wonderful after we got all the kids down and actually had some quiet time before we all fell asleep ourselves!

On Sunday morning, I told Emma to go potty because it was almost time to 'roll out.' She responded, "But I don't want to roll out!" Too cute! I promised that we would see everyone again soon. She had a great time playing with everyone. At one point, I saw her stroking Chloe's long hair. It was adorable!

I can't wait until we can all get together again...hopefully for a girls' day this winter sometime! Thanks for hosting Kim!!