Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Too big for her britches

As you know, or may have inferred from blog and facebook posts, Emma is a little bossy and very strong willed. She's also three and apparently with that comes incessant talking. This past weekend, she was up early and I swear I heard the phrase, "Hey Mama..." 20 times before 6:20 in the morning! While I normally find it cute, by 6:30am she was grating on my last nerve. My fuse was already pretty short after not sleeping well all week since Mia had a rough week sleep-wise. As a result, Emma heard  a lot of, "Mommy needs 2 minutes" and "Mommy just wants her coffee" and "Don't you want to play with Daddy?" I did feel bad for brushing her off so much and knowing it was in everyone's best interest, took a quick nap before lunch. I am so grateful that she enjoys playing with me and wants me to do things with her. I realize that these times won't be here forever and try to treasure them.

In the afternoon, I was sitting on the floor in the sun room and Emma packed her lunchbox with play food for a picnic. She then said that the picnic was to be held 3 feet away from where I was sitting. I told her that I was comfortable and didn't want to move. What I heard next was my voice coming out of my three-year old's mouth, "Well, then I guess we can't have a picnic," complete with a head tilt and little shrug. My response, probably not the best one I could have picked, was "I guess not." I was cracking up laughing so hard on the inside. After a couple moments, she decided the picnic could in fact take place where I was seated and it did happen after all.

No comments: