Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"Carrie!"

I did Emma's bath tonight. We started quite a bit later than normal so she was a bit more wired than usual and tried to drag bedtime out. I stuck to one story The Very Lonely Firefly, which she read, prayers, and then kisses and hugs and tucks in. She managed to choose a different blanket and pajama pants before I left the room as well.

After the final Good night and I love you, I shut the door and no sooner walked into the kitchen than I heard her door open. I sighed and waited. Then I heard a small quiet voice say, "Mommy?" followed by a stronger more determined slightly accusing voice say, "Carrie!" When I went to her I was told, "Carrie! You forgot to have me go potty again! Because you forgot to." *Sigh* Into the bathroom and then straight back to bed we went!

Emma has called us by our first names a few times. (Between 18 months and 2 years, we worked with her a lot on learning our whole names --as well as family members-- in case she ever needed to tell anyone.) For instance, the girls and I visited some friends and their kids and the room was sort of chaotic. I think Emma was trying to get my attention but I didn't hear her, so she said, "Hey Carrie!" Lately, we've noticed that whenever Emma is upstairs and I'm downstairs, she will use my first name. After thinking about it, we've realized that it's probably because Kurt often will yell questions down to me and start them with my name.

It's kind of cute and kind of funny to hear my name come out of a 3 year old's mouth!

No comments: