Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Some random notes

On July 4th and 5th, I posted on Facebook that Mia was working on becoming a rolling over pro. During tummy time, she rolled over all by herself 3 times each day. And they weren't convenient rolls, i.e. I didn't prop her arms up to make it easier for her to roll. However since then, she's not rolled over...she's gone back to burying her face in the mat she's laying on and screaming whenever she gets tired of being on her tummy.

On 11 July, Mia and I had a very fun giggle session. For the past few days, she's been blowing bubbles incessantly. (She's been blowing bubbles for ages now, but it seems like this week, she's been doing it on purpose.) After watching her lips, it seemed like she is working on blowing a raspberry. (Emma never did this!) I blew a raspberry and she thought it was hysterical! We had fun giggling and raspberrying for quite a while. On 12 July, during a diaper change, she actually got her lips in the right position and got a quick little raspberry out! I think* this is the first one for her!

I think I posted before, that Mia basically puts herself to sleep at night. Between 7 and 730, I change her into pjs, nurse her, read her a book, then put her in her crib with her mobile on 'nature sounds' and she falls asleep by herself. Every once in a while, she gets upset and I'll go back into her and give her a pacifier. Whenever I go in, she has her little hands holding her fuzzy little head and her little face all scrunched up. Although I don't like to see her upset, it is super cute!

Mia has recently started to rub her eyes when she's tired. It's super cute!

Mia, in the past 3 days has become a very distracted eater. Feeds now take twice as long, especially if we're not at home. My arms get very tired due to all her wriggling around!



No comments: