Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Big Sister

Emma loves being a big sister! She dotes on Mia constantly. She loves giving her hugs and kisses, looking at her toes, getting her to hold her finger, and showing her toys. If Emma had her way, she would kiss her all the time. This mentality often gets her in trouble, since Mia doesn't always appreciate having Emma's cute face in hers!

I can only remember one time that Emma has had a breakdown because of Mia. I think Emma wanted a snack and I told her she would have to wait until I was finished feeding Mia. Emma's response was that Mia needed to get back in my belly.

She has been very patient whenever I am feeding Mia and initially was very curious about it. We explained that Mommies feed babies milk from their boobies. Now, she will tell me, I think Mia needs to eat from that side and point to a side.

Last weekend, friends who have a daughter 4 months older than Mia were visiting. They were feeding the baby with a bottle. Emma asked our friend, "Do you have boobies?" rationalizing that she must not have boobies if she was using a bottle to feed the baby. Luckily they also have a son 3 months older than Emma and are used to random questions like that!

Since Mia is still in our bedroom, I get to her pretty quickly at night when she starts to fuss. Of course there have been a few times she's been loud. Luckily, Emma has remained in her room and just rolled over and went back to sleep. She does comment in the morning though if Mia woke her up.

No comments: