Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

My Mother's Day celebration started on Friday!

Friday morning, I took Emma to daycare and stayed for a Mommy and Me craft and snack time. I dropped her off in her room then waited in the multipurpose room for the kids to come in. Emma was so excited to see me! We got to glue tissue paper in a flower arrangement together and eat muffins and coffee cake together. She also presented me with a flower pot that will grow a flower (if I remember to water it), and a "Why I love my Mom" book. She was very sad when it was time for me to leave and had to be distracted by a teacher.

The reasons in the Why I love my Mom book are:
- I pooped on the potty and my Mommy give me Tinkerbell fruit snacks!
- I love my Mommy cause she gave me pretzels!
- Me and Mommy play ball together!
- Me and Mommy eat chicken nuggets!
- Me and Mommy play games together!

I love that 3 of the 5 items are food related! :)



As mentioned in the previous post, Kurt and Emma had a Daddy-Daughter date on Friday night on which they bought me gorgeous pink and purple tulips!


Also, Emma, much like her Daddy, couldn't wait to give me her gift, and presented me with a painting of two girls walking hand in hand on a beach. It's really sweet and I can't wait to try to recreate it with our girls in the future! Apparently, Kurt told Emma that she could pick something out at Home Goods for me and this painting was it. Originally, she found a vase, but since we already have a bunch he talked her out of it. He attempted to steer her towards stationary and a decorative box, but she had already set her sights on this picture. :)


On Saturday, Kurt got up with Emma and let me stay in bed with Mia. Later in the morning, we had a lot of fun going to our community's street fest. We had some lunch and then Emma got to go in a bounce house where she had a lot of fun jumping high and then bouncing on her bottom. We ended the morning there with some ice cream!

On Sunday, Kurt again got up with Emma letting me get some more rest with Mia and he and Emma made a breakfast run to Dunkin' Donuts. After I ate breakfast and drank coffee, they gave me a book and a coffee slidey shelf thingy. :) Emma was VERY excited to give me a card that she picked out herself. (Kurt also told her she could get 'whatever card she wanted.' :) It was a card with Belle on it that sings, Be our Guest. Kurt wrote in it for her: " I love you super!"

 


After that, we had a lazy morning and then hit up Flippin' Pizza for lunch followed by a some Costco shopping. That evening Kurt grilled for us. Due to lack of sleep, portions of the afternoon were a bit rough for us, but all in all, it was a wonderful weekend!

Emma (almost 3 years), Mia (almost 7 weeks), and Me
13 May 2012

No comments: